InvisionDevs

Live Messenger

Live Messenger

Live Messenger for Invision Community. This app is not an alternative to the standard IPS Messenger, but a handy add-on. Live Messenger was created to relieve communication with other users. Loading and sending new messages is happens without reloading the pages. The main advantage of this application is that you can quickly write or read a personal message on any community page.

Features

• Quick Buttons: create pm, open messenger and show/hide Live Messenger window.
  • Quick access to recent private messages.
  • Quick access to the private conversation.
  • Messages in a minimal design, without distracting design elements.
  • Select the groups that can use Live Messenger.
  • PM read/unread icon.
  • Quick message sending.

There seems to be a bug, at least with version 1.0.4, that I'm not sure if affects 1.0.5 or not.

Basically the form that's used to send a message within the application has auto-complete enabled when it really shouldn't. I've tried to look at how to fix this myself, but I am not familiar with IPS code. The code within liveMessenger -> front -> global -> messagesDisplay just reads:

{$form|raw}

And I am not familiar enough to know how to change that so it doesn't autocomplete messages.

Any ideas on how to fix this @Kirill Gromov?

Sorry, I mean auto complete (Autofill) on the reply message input box within the live messenger itself. So what happens is it comes up with a load of your previous replies when trying to send someone a reply and it's caused a few issues, particularly for mobile users on my site. I was just wondering if there was a way of turning off autofill/autocomplete, either all together, or if there was a way I could do it manually for my site. 

Apologies for the confusion.

14 minutes ago, Tripp said:

Sorry, I mean auto complete (Autofill) on the reply message input box within the live messenger itself. So what happens is it comes up with a load of your previous replies when trying to send someone a reply and it's caused a few issues, particularly for mobile users on my site. I was just wondering if there was a way of turning off autofill/autocomplete, either all together, or if there was a way I could do it manually for my site. 

Apologies for the confusion.

How can I reproduce this problem?

So after using it as intended a few times; it does it on desktop too:

autocomplete.png

Unfortunately on a mobile, these are quite intrusive. But basically these are messages from other conversations.

So the reproduction steps would be:

1. Reply in a conversation using the above form.
  2. Reply to something else, either the same conversation, or a different conversation using the above form.
  3. Repeat 1 and 2 until the autocomplete starts suggesting things like the above picture.

I don't think this should be a thing; because each response to a conversation is going to be different, especially over multiple conversations, if that makes sense.

Thank you for looking into it Kirill.

In my case, I am using Google Chrome on Windows. I can also do it under Google Chrome on Android too, although it's not intrusive at all on that platform. But the common denominator here is "Google Chrome". The complaint we got on our site seems to be from someone who uses Opera for Android; something I've not tried yet. But it is interesting that this didn't happen on your end. Is there any way I can ensure this won't happen on everyone elses? Perhaps by injecting something that stops the form from autofilling?